Thursday, March 10, 2011

Tastes Like You- Shayla Smith

Today, I ate my third apple and it tasted of you.
It's the same thing everyday
and you are a part of the routine.
I wish that it didn't seem so generic ,almost- plastic, artificial, or processed.
I keep myself out of bed long enough to say I'm alive.
It's not like I never go out , but you are always standing there
in the back of my mind.  You challenge me.
 I wish that I could rebel,  and I do ,but I always come back to you.
I don't even know who you are, what you look like ,how you feel.
All I know is how it feels in my mind, when I am going about my day
coming across a joke and wanting someone to laugh with me about it.
Today I seem to be living the same day, that has gone on for years until I find
the Man I can laugh with about...................people!

No comments:

Post a Comment